- Students: 300
- Duration: 10 weeks
The nation is undergoing a glorious period in the history of our business. As the economy develops and the per capita income increases, the relative share of employment among different sectors moves in favor of services. But, the growth of the services industry would largely depend on the quality of human resources. It requires tremendous expertise and dynamism to succeed in this competitive environment. It is also important to develop the ability to continuously acquire new knowledge and adapt to emerging business realities. On 2017, we started our journey. Since its inception Lumbini Buddhist University Bachelor Travel and Tourism Management (LBU-BTTM) as a center of excellence in services sector, particularly in tourism and travel trade, has served the nation with dedication.
The courses offer to gain an understanding of travel and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically. The courses aim to provide employment in national as well as in international market by developing an entrepreneurship skill in the Travel and Tourism industries. We expect the Travel and Tourism organization now require employees who could exhibit skills, knowledge and experience beyond those provided by typical traditional academic institutes. To carry out this demand Lumbini Buddhist University has introduced Bachelor in Travel and Tourism Management (LBU-BTTM) to produce professional human resources to handle function of international tourist service operation including handling, managing and planning tours, tracks and rafting programs. Moreover, the course is highlighted in the sector of cargo management, air ticketing, travel agencies, tour operations, hotel industries, tour guides and many more in the field of travel and tourism.
The overall objective of this program is to provide a good foundation for students to develop their theoretical as well as empirical knowledge on the field of Buddhism, Travel and Tourism Management. This course has been designed to prepare the students to enter the hospitality industry as middle management level employees and to serve in travel and tourism sectors. It is a four years full time semester system course designed to produce professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. This program explores the wide variety of services provided by today’s travel and tourism industry while developing the business knowledge and skills required for success in the private and public sector of tourism.
The course designed to produce the professional human resource for the dynamically growing travel and tourism sector of Nepal. Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to handle international tourist service operations including, handling, managing and planning tour, trek and rafting programs; domestic and international air ticketing; appreciate tourism development planning; implement sustainable tourism management policies; and be able to purser further advanced course in travel and tourism management.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM
- To provide the basic and essential knowledge regarding various activities undertaken by tourism industry and necessary knowledge and skill to work in the industry.
- To impart certain basic skills and aptitude which will be useful in taking up any activity in Tourism Industry.
- To develop the personality to become responsible citizen with greater awareness about the Indian society and its culture.
- To provide a global view of several multinational tourism business houses and their functions.
To provide knowledge, skill and attitude to set up tourism related establishment.
Upon completion of the course the students will be able to:
- gain an understanding of travel and tourism and its operation both theoretically and practically;
- gain knowledge about not just the fundamentals of travel and tourism but also about the more advanced concepts related to the field;
- gain knowledge about the policies related to travel and tourism;
- understand tourism in the light of Buddhism;
- handle function of international tourist service operation including handling, managing and planning tours, treks, and rafting program;
- handle domestic and international ticketing;
- get employment in national as well as international market;
- develop an entrepreneurship skill in the travel and tourism industry;
- join higher level course in travel and tourism