Lumbini Buddhist University calls for application for admission in the Master Programs in School of Development Studies & Applied Sciences for the academic year 2022.
Academic Programs open for admission are:
1. Master in Agroforestry (MAF)
2. Master in Development Studies (MDS)
3. Master in Environmental Studies (MES)
1. Bachelor with minimum CGPA 2.5 or 50% in aggregate;
2. Background eligibility
a) For MAF: Agriculture or Forestry or Science
b) For MDS: Humanities or Management or Science
c) For MES: Law or Humanities or Science
English language proficiency (especially for foreign students), either of the followings:
· Letter of recommendation on English as a medium of instruction at the Bachelor level
· Certificate of international English language proficiency tests.
Documents to be submitted:
1. Application Letter with Statement of Intent (on separate paper)
2. Completed Application Form via apply.lbu.edu.np
3. Application fee payment via ESEWA
4. Passport-size Photo
5. Attested copy of Mark Sheet/Transcript (Higher Secondary/Grade XII), Attested copy of Character Certificate (Higher Secondary/Grade XII), Attested copy of Mark Sheet /Transcript (Bachelor level), and Attested copy of Character Certificate (Bachelor level) will be asked during an interview
9. Language proficiency document during the interview
10. Attested copy of Citizenship (Passport copy for foreign students)
Application Deadline: February 20, 2022 (2078 Falgun 8) Sunday
This Section introduces the applicant to the details of the application procedure, entrance test, and admission thereafter.
Application form available at Apply.lbu.edu.np
Payable to University
|SN||Particulars||1st Semester||2nd Semester||3rd Semester||4th Semester|
|3||Tuition fee per Month||12,500||12,500||12,500||12,500|
|5||Game and Sports||*||*||*||*|
|10||Examination Mid Term||1,000||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|11||Examination Semester End||2,500||2,500||2,500||2,500|
|12||College Development Fund||1,000||0||0||0|
|Five Months Fee||62,500||62,500||62,500||62,500|
|Payment per Student at Semester End||107,000||78,500||78,500||93,500|
|Installments of Payment|
|At the time of Admission||53,500||39,250||39,250||46,750|
|At the time of Final Examination||53,500||39,250||39,250||46,750|
|Total Payment Students in 2 Years||357,500|
|Fees for International Students|
|Fee for SAARC Students||536,250|
|Fee for International Students||715,000|
|Note: * Will be decided later.|
Other expenses (monthly)
The following information applies to the normal living conditions in and around Lumbini and Devdaha, and may vary according to the specific needs of the learners.
- Living expenses (per month)
- Accommodation Rs5,000/-
- Food Rs15,000/-
LBU suggests to buy Insurance policy by the learners that may be around Rs3,000/- in general.
Application (Entrance) fee
Pay the required application processing (entrance) fee (non-refundable) of NRs.2,500/- (Nepalese Rupees Two Thousand and Five Hundreds Only) within the specified time.
Application processing fee can be paid through the digital payment : E-sewa
Wait for your entrance test (interview) schedule to be available.
Upon submission of a completed application form, you will be notified of the entrance test (interview) schedule (date, time and mode).
Due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic situation, the entrance test will be conducted in a video interview by a panel of experts and university representatives.
Test schedule will be made available through email/phone message.
Appear in the entrance test (interview) in your scheduled date and time. Note that you must appear at the test in your scheduled date and time. There will be no rescheduling of the test date or time.
The interview questions will be generally based on your Statement of Intent, bachelor degrees, and work experience.
Upon completion of the entrance test (interview), admission offer list will be published on merit basis of 100 marks.
The list will be published in the university website and notice boards.
Merit list will be published on the following criteria:
|1. grades of bachelor program||50||
CGPA2.5 to 2.9: 25 to 35
CGPA3.0 to 3.4: 36 to 40
CGPA3.5 and above: 41 and above
|2. experience||15||@ score 2 per year (maximum 15 score)|
|3. entrance test (interview)||35||
Clarity on the career goal: 15
Aggregate of scores given by the panelists
Admission will be offered to other students on merit basis through second and third merit lists if the seat remains unfilled from the first merit list.
Other details of admission process and schedules will be as decided by the committee.
For the international students, LBU will recommend processing students visas application upon admission to the program.
There are provisions of scholarships in accordance to the policies of the Government of Nepal and the Lumbini Buddhist University.
More specifically the policies include:
- available for bonafide students (duly registered and all dues cleared)
- generally applicable to the Tuition Fees
- In the case of corporate scholarships, the terms & conditions will be as per the policies of the University and the respective donor.
COVID-19 Pandemic Situation
Special consideration during COVID-19 situation, the sessions will be conducted online in the academic year 2022.
NOTE: The entrance and admission committee reserves the right to reject any candidate in case the copy of the document submitted and the original does not match. The candidate may also be rejected if a major discrepancy is identified between the details filled in the form and the documents submitted/original produced.